About the course
On completion of the module you will have acquired:
- Improved numeracy skills and an appreciation of the importance of numerical analysis.
- Working knowledge of elementary techniques which will enable you to manipulate and interpret historical data.
- A working knowledge of Excel in order to carry out simple data analysis.
- The ability to interpret, understand and explain the results of applied data manipulation.
- Knowledge and understanding of when to us a certain statistical technique.
This module is assessed with an assignment set in WebCT.
Each element of the module contains self-assessment exercises. Note that these are for practice purposes and will not be formally assessed.